Orbx Announces Leeds Bradford (EGNM)
Orbx has announced that Northern English town Leeds is the second to receive a fully PBR airport, following the release of London City Airport in July.
Once again it was CEO John Venema to announce the news via his brand's forum, in a post made an hour ago.
"Welcome to Yorkshire's Airport" he exclaims, making a point of their long overdue Midlands visit. This is the second airport made by Orbx's in-house UK development team, which specialises in the use of PBR materials throughout their airports.
The airport serves the towns of Leeds and Bradford, which are both located less than ten miles away. The wider region Yorkshire also uses Yeadon Field as a home airport for commerical flying, with over four million passengers passing the gates in 2018.
The feature list includes:
- Full PBR representation of Leeds Bradford Airport and surroundings
- Includes EGNP Leeds Heliport one kilometre north of the airport
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB Central
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Custom animated GSE with HD people models
- SAM-controlled dynamic marshallers
- Handcrafted, realisticallt sloping runway
- Detailed orthoimagery and terrain
- Many custom modeled POI buildings in the airport precinct
- Multiflight Academy hangars and static aircraft
The X-Plane version will release very soon, with the Prepar3D version to follow a week or so later.
To learn more about Orbx's recent (and busy) announcement schedule, see a previous article.