Stairport Releases Scenery Animation Manager V2
A major update to Stairport's Scenery Animation Manager (SAM) has been released for X-Plane 11, offering flight plan imports from online networks, a new user interface and VDGS model, plus more.
SAM V2 was announced last month during Flight Sim Show in Cosford, along with an array of new airports.
The update builds on the highly successful plugin, offering scenery designers the ability to fully animate jetways and most other objects, ramp marshallers, Visual Docking Guidance Systems (VSDGs), and more.
The changelog for V2 is as follows:
- New User Interface with plenty of new features
- Colors & Seasons menu (+ additional free seasons library)
- Automatic connection mode now connects to closest door as long as no door is predefined
- Manual connection mode offers full control of any jetway
- Jetway status indication (can be disabled)
- Flightplan import from Vatsim, IVAO, PilotEdge and SimBrief
- New VDGS model Honeywell-AVDGS-PA3 including flight details
- Online Version check for Plugin/Library + Extensions
- Fixed VDGS pole drawing distance
- Fixed jetway solid type 1 extension and templates
- Fixed missing LIT texture on Honeywell AVDGS
Additionally, Stairport has worked on the implementation of SAM into default jetways: WorldJetways will be an extension of SAM V2 and will be available for a small fee soon.
Laminar Research shared a video of WorldJetways in action at the end of October, available to view here.
In more recent news however, Stairport released their St. Tropez scenery for X-Plane. Further details available here.
Note: Stairport Sceneries is now known as Stairport.
Thanks to sierrakilo126 in our Discord server for tipping us off with the news: You may join here.
Share this page
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.