SSG 747-8 Updated to Version V.2.2.1
December 31, 2020
Supercritical Simulations Group has released an update to their newest product, the Boeing 747-8. The update includes fixes and a new cabin for the passenger version.
The 747 is a super wide-body aircraft recognizable by its iconic bump, it is also known as the “Queen of the Skies”. Boeing started developing the 747-8 in the early 2000s to counter Airbus’ A380 Superjumbo. Even though the aircraft encountered little commercial success, it destabilized the European manufacturer’s program making it essential for Boeing.
Announced on Facebook, the update includes fixes, a modified flight model, new sounds and a new cabin for the intercontinental version of the aircraft. The full changelog is available below:
- Fixed error where displays turned off when pressing shift + 7 view.
- Tuned flight model to behave better in strong crosswind on takeoff and landing.
- New and improved cockpit button/switch/knob animations and sounds.
- New cabin for Intercontinental
- Removed the LibRain plugin as it no longer works with our package.
Released at the end of October 2019, the SSG 747-8 v2 has created mixed feelings within the community, check out our article about the release.
The SSG 747-8 is currently for sale on the X-Plane.org Store for $54.90 instead of $80.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.