Ultra Weather XP v2.6 Release Imminent and New Previews Published
According to the post, after careful analysis of the beta-testing results, the UWXP update will be ready in the next few days.
v2.6 will bring volumetric clouds and an array of other changes/improvements, including
- New completely designed Plugin Interface.
- Works in all platforms Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Made for X-Plane 11.50+.
- Work with either Vulkan or OpenGL.
- Completely new 12 sets of Sky colors with new high definition Sun textures.
- Completely new 24 sets of Clouds.
- Multiple Water colors.
- New Lights textures.
- Full Dynamic system.
- Dynamic Sky coloring.
- Dynamic Atmosphere.
- Dynamic Sun glows.
- Dynamic Sun coloring objects.
- Dynamic objects shadow.
- Dynamic Visibility.
- Dynamic visibility Raleigh
- Dynamic Raleigh scattering
- Dynamic Mie scattering
- Dynamic Clouds coloring
- Dynamic changing Clouds Simulating volumetric.
- Dynamic increases Clouds view distance in low visibility.
- Dynamic High altitude Cloud type control.
- Dynamic Water Waves.
- Dynamic Light Haze.
- Thunderstorms sound.
- Ambient sound.
V2.6 is currently stable in VR, Vulkan, OpenGL, and Windows. Furthermore it will only take “1.5 FPS [of performance] at maximum”. However, the developer claimed that the stability for Linux and Mac still “needs to be confirmed” and more beta-testers are needed.
Currently, UWXP v2.5 can be purchased for $35 on x-plane.org. According to the developers, the upgrade fee for UWXP v2.6 will depend on when the plug-in is purchased. Some users will be able to receive the new version for free, but others will need to pay up to $10.
Users will receive the customized price on the developer’s new store using their registering email and order number.
For Linux and Mac users who would like to participate in the beta test should contact the developer with “order number, operation system, and VR if available”.