Área77 Simulations Releases Maia Airport (LPVL) for MSFS
November 28, 2020
Portuguese developer Area77 Simulations has announced the release of Maia Airport today, making it their first release for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The developer previously created sceneries for X-Plane, with their most popular project being a recreation of Porto's Francisco Sa Carneiro Airport which was released in August 2019.
More recently, the developer published a region-based scenery called the Okavango Delta, which covered an area of the same name and featured five airfields and 26 helipads in the African nation of Botswana.
Area77 announced their Microsoft Flight Simulator intentions earlier this month and provided us with a feature list for LPVL prior to its release:
- All existing buildings super detailed;
- Control tower with interior modeled and detailed;
- Detailed Modeling of City Hall with Leader's Tower and which is one of the points of VFR;
- Textures with PBR to take advantage of all simulator capabilities;
- Modelling of real terrain, including road tunnels;
- Hangars with animations according to the hours of day;
- Presence of people according to the time of day;
- Availability of Porto Aero Club aircraft painting (C1 52, C1 72 and Piper) according to their original characteristics.
The airport serves as home to the Porto Aero Club as well as a skydiving outfit and an airline training academy, all of which have been modelled in the simulator.
You can purchase Area77's Maia Airport (LPVL) for €12.99 EUR from the SimWorksStudio website here - the scenery will be coming to OrbxDirect, simMarket, PC Aviator and Flightsim.com in the future too
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.