Origami Studios Updates Gatwick for X-Plane to Version 1.1
February 17, 2021
Less than a week since the release of Origami Studios’ Gatwick for X-Plane, the developer has released an update to their scenery bringing a load of new features and fixes to the rendition of Europe’s busiest single-runway airport.
The fix addresses many complaints and quirks noted by users including optional non-PBR objects option, adding a missing holding point and adding exclusion zones, among many others (full changelog below).
Origami Gatwick has been in development for the past two years and is the second product from Origami Simulations. The first product from the developer was their Scottish Aviation Bulldog, which was released back in October 2020, with the help of Daniel Gallacher, lead developer at SimToolkitPro. Origami Studios’ Scottish Aviation Bulldog is available to purchase from the iniBuilds store for £24.99 (excluding any applicable taxes).
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added optional non-PBR objects to installation
- Added exclusion zone in front of Boeing Hanger to try and eliminate trees
- Added holding point J4
- Adjusted UV mapping on Gatwick Shuttle tracks
- Fixed gaps in glass on Pier 2 Modules
- Added LODS to buildings
- Culled a significant amount of lights at the south terminal car park
- Reduced param size on the car park lights
- Retract brickwork under Pier 2
- Added window frames to Pier 4 for a bit more depth
- Resolved draw order with the glass on the Airbridge
- Removed doubling up of cars near Maintenance Area 1
- Adjusted position of curved wall
- Added Jetway to Stand 25
- Made glass jetways blend transparent items slightly better
- Made jetways more reliant with Zibo
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 12
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 104
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 105
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 552
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 553
- Tweaked SAM parameters for 564
- Fixed holes in roofs on Pier 6
- Added LODs to some Jetway items
To purchase Origami Studios’ Gatwick Airport for X-Plane. You can head to the iniBuilds Store to purchase it for £19.99 (excluding any local taxes).
Origami Studios can also be joined on their Discord server to keep up to date with their current and future projects.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.