Aerosoft Releases Alta Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator
April 9, 2021
Earlier this week, multi-sim developer Aerosoft has released its rendition of Airport Alta for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The “very accurate and realistic recreation” of the airport brings highly detailed models, custom-made textures, nighttime effects, and much more.
A complete list of features is as follows:
- Realistic recreation of Alta Airport (ENAT, ALF)
- All airport buildings included in high detail
- Models and textures based on photos taken at the airport
- Created using optimal modelling and texturing techniques for optimal performance and visuals
- PBR materials for objects and ground
- Custom flag animations
- Realistic HDR nighttime lighting
- Custom approach and runway lights including lead-in lights for RWY29
- Terminal interior included
- Custom static aircraft placed randomly
- Large coverage of custom photo scenery
Special highlights of the airport, according to the developers, “are the seasonal variations, including 3D snow that in combination with the customized terrain mesh provide an impressive atmosphere, especially in winter. The mountains in the nearly 50 km² surroundings of the airport make for a challenging approach in an imposing ambience”.
Alta is located in Northern Norway and is one of the “most sparsely populated and most remote areas of northern Norway”. Opened in 1963, the airport served some “360,000 passengers in 2014, making it one of the busiest airports in the region”.
Aerosoft’s Airport Alta can be purchased on Aerosoft’s web store for €15.08 or $17.95 USD.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.