Orbx Formally Announces TerraFlora XP
Earlier this month, Orbx made several revelations regarding future products for X-Plane 11. One such product was that of TerraFlora XP, which is building on the success of its ESP counterpart. The product is being developed by Turbulent Designs.
According to a post on their forum by Ed Correia, "TerraFlora XP transforms your world to provide greater detail, more realism and enhance your simulation experience." He continued by stating trees will look pleasing in "all scenarios", such as densely populated forests and tropical islands.
Many types of tree are included to replace the default ones and are colour-matched with the default ground scenery.
Ed also added that "TerraFlora has been designed with performance in mind. Fully optimised for X-Plane 11, you can enjoy exemplary texturing with minimal performance loss."
The features list provided is below:
- Superb HD-quality trees replacing all default autogen on a global scale
- Realistic representation of a large variety of tree types to give you the maximum realism possible
- High-quality vegetation textures created by Russ White to raise the bar in detail in X-Plane 11
- Multiple tree types to cover the world with correct regional placement
- Coloured to match the default ground textures of the world for improved realism
- The most realistic HD vegetation available for X-Plane
- Seamless blending with TerraFlora textures included in Orbx TrueEarth and airports
Orbx has made many headlines recently, particularly with the partnership of GayaSimulation. The developer and publisher released Courchevel around three weeks ago and announced Edinburgh Airport last week. GayaSimulation is also working on Vienna International Airport (LOWW).
Furthermore, Orbx released a freeware scenery last week: Clench Common Field (EG20). They are available to follow on Facebook here.