vFlyteAir Releases Cessna 150 Commuter
After the announcement post was made only 7 days ago, vFlyteAir have released their latest project for X-Plane, the Cessna 150 Commuter.
Following in the footsteps of models such as the Ikarus C42C and Piper Cherokee 140 Original, vFlyteAir's Cessna 150 is well equipped for a modern X-Plane user, with PBR effects, VR compatibility, "super hi-res" textures and a custom save states system.
The Cessna 150 is a tricycle geared, light-weight, low cost aircraft that was produced between 1958 and 1977. It is one of the most produced civilian aircraft of all time, with production numbers reaching close to 24,000 planes.
In addition to those listed above, vFlyteAir have also included:
- Original, authentic Cessna 150 sounds professionally recorded and engineered by Mike Maarse, SimAcoustics
- Two different panel options - the Trainer panel is perfect for students or those who simply want to fly with basic navigation. The Commuter panel adds DME, ADF and an authentic Cessna 300A autopilot
- Airspeed indicator can be changed from MPH-over-KTS to KTS-over-MPH
- Altimeter can be changed from in hg to hPa
- Optional Custom Engine Start feature - when ON, the Custom Engine Start logic requires the pilot to follow engine start procedures per the POH including throttle lever setting, mixture setting and priming
- "Save States" preferences - more than 50 different settings, options and preferences are saved each time you fly. Your settings are restored the next time you fly.
- Dynamic, animated rain effects using the librain plugin (included)
- Optional shake/vibration effects - engine vibration, engine start, engine shut-down, stalls and touch-down causes airframe to shake and vibrate
- Interactive pop-out kneeboard with dynamic weight & balance sheet, Options, and Normal Procedures check lists. VR friendly!
- Guided, interactive pre-flight walk-around
- Optional wheel pants
- Tow bar feature - pull your bird out of the hanger using the tow bar!
- Selectable male or female pilot
- VR optimized
- Working circuit breakers
- Headphones - "plug in" to attenuate in-cockpit sounds
- STMA Autoupdate plugin included - keeps your copy up to date with changes
- Compatible with X-Plane "Experimental flight model"
- Integrated support for the AviTab plugin
- Checklists provided for the XChecklist plugin
- Super hi-res textures
- PBR effects
- 14 different liveries including a blank white
- Paint kit available
vFlyteAir's Cessna 150 Commuter is available at a special introductory price of only $21.95 USD through until Cyber Monday (December 2), by which time its price will increase to $28.95 USD.
You can purchase the aircraft from vFlyteAir's website here.