Asobo Releases SU9 Patch - 184.108.40.206
May 12, 2022
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 developer Asobo Studios has released a patch to counter some issues faced by users after the Sim Update 9. The team has admitted that their beta testing hasn't been sufficient in identifying problems and will continue to improve their processes to accommodate future updates better.
General Bugfix 220.127.116.11
- Fixed various crashes on the world map
- Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but no runway
- Fixed sim object data request creation process preventing peripherals from working
- Fixed a crash caused by vector placement back to the main menu
- Fixed LOD streaming in vector placement in the scenery editor
- Fixed windshield flicker when render scale isn't set to 100%
- Fixed CGL update loading order to ensure custom CGL files are loaded correctly
- Fixed ATC Azure text-to-speech going silent while in gameplay
- Fixed crashes about SimConnect message reception after being closed in WASM
For PC users of MSFS, some packages in the community folder may have been excluded from the update, which may negatively impact MSFS's performance and behavior. Asobo advises all users to move their community package to another folder before relaunching the title, especially if they suffer from stability issues or untimely loading times.
extending a special thanks to Tomcat_22 for the news tip!
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.