Área77 Simulations Release Okavango Delta for Microsoft Flight Simulator
April 5, 2021
After teasing the X-Plane 11 version of the product in August of last year, Área77 Simulations has released their Okavango Delta scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The release was announced via Facebook and the package can be purchased for $27.01 on SimWorks Studios.
The scenery details 9200 square kilometers of “hand-placed wetlands and objects”. On top of that, the developer has spread more than 12000 animals across the area. The product is also equipped with nine custom airstrips, multiple helipads and two bush trips.
Área77 Simulations has also provided a full feature list, which reads as follows:
- 9200 sq. km of scenery with hand-placed wetlands and objects
- More than 12000 animals spread around the area
- Nine custom airstrips
- Six camps modelled in very high detail with building interiors: Abu, Nxabega, Xigera, Chief’s camp, Mombo, Guma
- Many smaller camps and tour groups
- Multiple helipads scattered around the delta
- A repaint of the C208 in the imaginary “Safari Wings” livery
- Two bush trips to fly around the delta
According to the developer, they “researched the locations where you are more likely to encounter the various kinds of animals”. The airfields in the scenery have been “reconstructed in the simulator according to their real world counterparts, adding detailed objects and correcting the vegetation and wetlands around them”, they also add.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.