LatinVFR Releases Airport Regional Environment X Asia-Pacific for MSFS
LatinVFR, has recently released its newest product - AREX: Airport Regional Environment X Asia-Pacific for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The plugin replaces “ ground services vehicles with customised and more realistic designs for the region at ALL airports in all East Asia and the Pacific”, providing users with a more localised and immersed experience when flying to this particular region of the globe.
Apart from the replacement of default ground service vehicles with custom animated models, they come equipped with reworked sounds to reflect the model of the vehicle, there are 8 sets of these vehicles which spans Asia Indian, Asia cold/dry, Asia Industrial, Asia Central, Tropics Asian, Australia Red, Australia, and Tropics Pacific (sans New Zealand as it couldn't be modified at this time). Each of the vehicles comes with a different livery of the companies that provide airport services in the corresponding region in Asia/Pacific.
In detail, catering trucks contains logos of the major catering companies operating in the region, with the same applied to the push back trucks, featuring the branding of the operators in the region. As its a visual replacement to solely bring regionalised experience, users can still use the default mechanism to utilise ground service vehicles. All of this improvements without a performance hit, averaging the same FPS as one were to use default service vehicles.
Here is the full feature list:
- Replacement of ground services vehicles with customised and more realistic for the region at ALL airports in all East Asia and the Pacific.
- Customised sounds of the different engines and animation situations.
- 8 regions of the world in MSFS independently customised, Asia Indian, Asia cold/dry, Asia Industrial, Asia Central, Tropics Asian, Australia Red, Australia, and Tropics Pacific.
- Different logos for the companies that provide airport services in Asia/Pacific.
- Realistic catering trucks used in the regions, with the logos of the most important airport catering companies.
- Customised push back truck depicting regional companies.
- Customised and regional types of vehicle traffic, that make the airport environment more realistic and according to vehicles used in the region.
- Uses the default system of calling ground services, no external apps or files are needed.
- No negative impact on performance.
- Note that the country of New Zealand couldn’t be modified under this package as of release.
A rather background addition to your flying experience, but an immersion adder nonetheless. Currently, the add-on can be purchased on LatinVFR’s webstore for USD $8.49 if you're interested.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.