Aerosoft Previews Lido di Venezia for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Aerosoft has posted images of their upcoming airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator: Lido di Venezia, located east of downtown Venice in Italy. The scenery will feature PBR texturing, custom night lighting, optimized objects to increase performance and more.
The upcoming scenery will feature the following:
- Detailed rendition of the airfield LIPV Lido di Venezia
- Perfectly blended into photogrammetric city of Venice
- Fully custom modelling and texturing using PBR-effects throughout the entire airfield
- Clutter objects and 3D people to bring the airport to life
- Custom night lighting including runway and taxiway
- Custom static aircrafts (aircrafts and helicopters) reflecting the real traffic at the airfield (randomized)
- Individual animations like weather dependent 3D people, animated sunvisors at tower and more
- Excessive performance optimization based on specifications by Microsoft
- Best spot to start your Venice adventure
- While no release date or pricing has been announced yet, the scenery appears to be nearing completion with many tedious tasks including interior modelling and texturing finished
In the meantime, you can check out the original post on the Aerosoft Forum.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.