Boundless Releases Alderney for X-Plane 11
January 4, 2021
After the release of three other English airports, Boundless has released their latest scenery add-on for the X-Plane 11 flight simulator, Alderney Airport (EGJA).
Alderney Airport is located on the Channel Island of Alderney, opened in 1936, the airport has since then undergone an expansion with the erection of a terminal in 1968. The airport is equipped with three runways, measuring 877, 733 and 497 meters each, this doesn’t allow the island to be serviced by jet airliners, but by turboprop aircraft and general aviation traffic. Aurigny currently operates flights to Southampton and Guernsey with a Dornier 228 aeroplane.
Boundless has not only provided a faithful replica of Alderney, but the developer has also included many of the island’s landmarks such as the many Alderney Fortifications and much more. The package also includes many hand-placed objects around the island.
Included are an accurate airport layout, PBR textures, Orthophotos and more. The full feature list is available on the X-Plane.org Store, however, we included an abridged version below:
- Accurate taxiway, runway & Apron networks
- HD, photorealistic PBR apron, taxiway & runway textures
- Thousands of HD custom Buildings
- Crisp HD, orthophoto base, carefully sharpened and recoloured for best results
- Full night lighting in the airport and entire island
- 3D Grass at airport
- Includes all landmarks
- 3D harbour, including shipping containers and crane
- PBR textures used with airport buildings and many custom objects
- Custom terrain mesh, offering a realistic representation of the whole island
Alderney Airport by Boundless for X-Plane is now available on the X-Plane.org Store for $25.99.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.