Origami Studios Update Gatwick For X-Plane
September 4, 2021
After the release of Gatwick Airport for MSFS, Origami Studios have ventured back into the world of X-Plane with an update for their highly detailed rendition of Gatwick Airport. The update brings Gatwick a fresh coat of paint as new items have been added as well as improvements to original parts of the airport. A nice addition to the scenery is the addition of water bodies, with the UK’s notoriously bad weather, water bodies can be expected to form on the apron and around the airport when the rain inevitable falls.
A full feature list of items included in the update can be found below:
- New generated shadow maps for north and south terminals. So there is more "depth" particularly in areas undercover
- Re-touched the concrete textures. Now have an edge dirt/roughness as well as an additional dirt layer on top to try and break up repetitive textures
- Concrete normal’s adjusted to not look quite as thick
- Runway textures reworked. Now has tar lines, resurfacing details, new asphalt.
- Centreline markings draw order adjusted so they are more prominent
- Edited ortho to remove brown soil running down Zulu
- Added water bodies
- Replaced pedestrian markings
- New tar/dirt markings on aprons
- Gatwick Hill along North Terminal modelled
- Gatwick mound along 08R modelled
- New vehicle assets
- Added taxiway crossing lights for vehicles
- Added entrance structure for North Terminal
- 08L/26R touchdown zone now solid bars instead of piano bars
- Added Beehive
- Added Brookhouse
Any future updates and announcements for Origami Studios products can be found in the Origami Studios Discord Server. To update Gatwick Airport, users will need to head to the inibuilds store and redownload. New users who would like to purchase Gatwick Airport can do so from the inibuilds store for £19.99 Excl VAT.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.