Flightbeam/iBlueYonder Release Portland International (KPDX)
The collaborative effort between Flightbeam and iBlueYonder has resulted in their Portland International Airport (KPDX) released for X-Plane 11.
Confirmation of the airport came at the end of January, with many teasers along the way. This is their first joint project in X-Plane.
KPDX is the largest airport in Oregon and served by almost all major U.S carriers.
The scenery includes:
- Large orthophoto area covering the airport grounds
- Hand-crafted models and textures based on extensive photography
- Custom dynamic jetways powered by Scenery Animation Manager (SAM)
- SAM marshallers at all gates
- The new Atlantic Aviation FBO with SAM-powered opening hangar doors
- Dynamic vehicle animations, including the Tri-Met Max light rail
- X-Plane PBR materials
- Detailed multi-layered custom ground poly
- Local businesses such as Cascade Station shopping area
- High-Definition textures for maximum sharpness and fidelity
- New version of the Flightbeam Manager utility specifically designed for X-Plane