Leading Edge Simulations Updates Saab 340A to v1.6.5
April 7, 2021
Earlier today, X-Plane developer Leading Edge Simulations updated its popular Saab 340A to v1.6.5. The new version brings improvements to areas such as autopilot mechanics, lighting, aircraft performance, and much more.
LES has been publishing updates since Version 1.6 was published earlier this year. The update brought the first major update to the aircraft in over a year and brought a huge list of bug fixes, new features and many overhauled areas. Since then, over the past 2 months updates from version 1.6.1 through 1.6.5 have been released bringing many new bug fixes.
A complete list of improvements/fixes is as follows:
- CTOT (Created new torque value curves for Power Lever to more closely match actual try %)
- Taxi Light (Adjusted brightness value)
- Autopilot/Elevator Trim (Fixed bug preventing proper trim when autopilot engaged)
- Auto-Latch (Added User Pref option to all variants to prevent improper reset)
- AEW Left ITT Digital Display (Fixed bug hiding LED generic instrument)
- G/S / Horizontal Deviation Indicators (Fixed bug causing indicators to not display under certain conditions)
- Saab/Sim Hanging (Fixed bug where loading Saab at certain airports would hang the sim)
The developer has also noted that v1.6.5 will be the “last Saab update of the v1.6.x series barring any major issues”.
Leading Edge Simulations’ Saab 340A can be purchased on X-Aviation for $49.95.
The aircraft is currently compatible with Windows and Mac OS.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.