Orbx debut Pearson Field for X-Plane
They told us something was coming this weekend! Just a few minutes ago, Orbx announced Pearson Field KVUO for X-Plane.
Among all the small Pacific Northwest airports that are loaded with character, Pearson Field stands out. For one thing, it predates them all; KVUO is officially the oldest continuously operating airport in the region, and one of the two oldest operational fields in the USA.
The new scenery is developed by Bill Womack (also known as iBlueYonder) and was originally released for Prepar3D and FSX.
Orbx made the announcement on their forums. Here is a short feature list:
- 12 square miles of photo terrain around KVUO, including Hayden Island, Oregon and downtown Vancouver, Washington
- Detailed reproduction of downtown Vancouver
- Detailed modelling based on hundreds of reference photos
- Airport ground polys utilizing XP11 PBR materials
- Static aircraft commonly seen on the ramp
- Detailed & accurate buildings in the region of the airport, especially on approach paths
- All models optimized for high performance
Orbx Pearson Field will be available for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $24.35 / €21 / £18.60 ). See the thread on the Orbx forums here.