Orbx Announces Landmarks Frankfurt City for MSFS
April 19, 2021
Having recently released a plethora of landmark city packages in Australia for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Orbx is now moving across the world to the city of Frankfurt in Germany.
According to Orbx, the city “comes to life with an impressive skyline and custom night lighting,” along with the city being relatively close to the approach path at Frankfurt Airport creating beautiful views on approach.
Included are a multitude of landmarks and features, totaling 100 custom buildings along with 11 highly detailed landmarks to bring the historic city to life within the simulator.
- 11 high-detail custom landmarks including Europaturm, Hauptbahnhof (railway station), Messeturm, Paulskirche, and Kaiserdom
- 100 custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static trains and boats, cranes, chimneys, and more
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how the custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Includes a custom model of the Commerzbank Arena (Waldstadion) stadium
- Custom orthoimagery covering both sides of the Main, from Schwanheim in the West to the Offenbach photogrammetry area
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
No further information other than various previews was provided. As well, no word on a potential release date or pricing information was mentioned.
You can view the source post for this article via Orbx’s forums.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.