Orbx Reveals TrueEarth Southern California is "On Final"
Orbx launches back into the spotlight with the release of TrueEarth Southern California previews, motioning that the product is very close to release. The most anticipated TrueEarth US region, the product represents the best of the team's region based scenery technologies.
As with all of the TrueEarth scenery regions, SoCal is no different; the entire region is painstakingly rendered with authored and graded aerial imagery covering over 250,000 square metres of terrain, brought to life in 3D with highly detailed and optimised cityscapes, offering simmers a breathtaking view of the scenery underneath.
TrueEarth Southern California also boasts development efforts in providing optimisation with full compatibility for the latest Vulkan/Metal engine in X-Plane 11, combining detail and performance.
- Over 250,000 Sq. KM of crisp and color corrected aerial imagery
- Detailed cityscapes for key cities including Los Angeles and San Diego
- Unforgettable points of interest such as the famous Hollywood Sign
- Over 1000 hand-placed 3D PBR objects to provide an immersive and realistic VFR experience
- Optimised for the best performance even when flying jets across the stunning landscapes and huge cities
- Millions of accurately placed buildings, trees and vegetation perfect for online flying with friend
- Superb night lighting across all 3D objects for vibrant night-scenes
- Orbx TrueColour technology further enhanced from Florida’s debut
- Perfectly blends with Orbx TrueEarth US Northern California
- Compatible with X-Plane 11.40 and above, including the new Vulkan technology
For more images and information, visit the forum post here.
Share this page
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.