Orbx TrueEarth GB Central Service Pack 1 Released
Two months after the release of TrueEarth GB South's own first service pack, Orbx has launched a major update for the second product in the series, Central.
Announced today via the Orbx Forum, administrator Ed Correia says;
"Good news for X-Plane TrueEarth pilots - The first Service Pack for TrueEarth GB Central for X-Plane 11 is now available for download! We have been hard at work to further enhance your experience when flying over TrueEarth Great Britain Central in X-Plane. Many of the fixes, additions and improvements have been a result of your requests and our desire to improve the realism of the region even more."
The feature list makes mention of "hundreds" of new Points of Interest (POIs) - something which rang true with GB South's SP1, which had 344 new models.
Here's the full list:
- Hundreds of added POIs including bridges, stadiums, castles & more!
- Added Ambient Occlusion (AO) ground and wall effects to autogen
- Updated autogen to PBR
- Upgraded tree placement algorithm (forests are now even more accurate)
- Updates to autogen placement, fixed reported building rotation bugs
- Darkened roads to better match the ortho - these are now enabled by default
- Leeds and Sheffield city centres completely transformed
- Numerous small bug fixes with object placements
Correia notes that TrueEarth GB Central is on sale until the first of June at 0100z, with a 50% discount to be had. The product currently sits at $27.48 AUD.
Looking for more info on the TrueEarth GB series before you buy? Check out our review of the "South" scenery here.