VATSIM Cross the Pond Host Airports Announced
March 28, 2021
After announcing the event dates earlier this March, The Virtual Traffic Simulation Network have announced the airports participating after voting which began earlier this month. This follows the events first announcement at the beginning of March.
Cross the Pond is VATSIM’s most popular event, held bi-annually where participants can fly to and from specially selected locations. The event is flown Westbound early in the year, and Eastbound later in the year. VATSIM uses the word “pond”, referring to the Atlantic Ocean where pilots fly over.
Departure Airports Include the following:
- Manchester International (EGCC)
- London Heathrow International (EGLL)
- Amsterdam Schiphol International (EHAM)
- Frankfurt International (EDDF)
- Dublin International (EIDW)
- Copenhagen International (EKCH)
- Brussels International (EBBR)
- Malpensa Airport (LIMC)
- Lisbon International (LPPT)
- Oslo International (ENGM)
Arrival airports include the following:
- Toronto Pearson (CYYZ)
- Boston International (KBOS)
- John F. Kennedy International (KJFK)
- San Francisco International (KSFO)
- Washington Dulles (KIAD)
- Chicago O’Hare International (KORD)
- Miami International (KMIA)
- Denver International (KDEN)
- Lynden Pindling International (MYNN)
This announcement follows their showcase of the up and coming Velocity, which will include many major fixes including lower latency, improved position updates and increased performance.
The next step in the process is booking, the date that bookings open for users hasn’t been announced yet. In the meantime, you can check out the original source on VATSIM's Twitter page.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.