No Money Mondays: Elstree (EGTR) by NKDesign
April 29, 2019
London Elstree is a small aerodrome in Hertfordshire, and very close to London Heathrow. The airport is used by single and twin-engined light aircraft, as well as helicopters.
NKDesign has spent more than five months working on his representation of the airfield, and the impressive result can be seen below:
Every object that is part of the scenery is custom-made, including the textures. The Physically Based Rendering (PBR) textures on the ground and the buildings, plus pre-rendered ambient occlusion, adds to the high overall immersion of the airport throughout:
In addition, NKDesign’s EGTR is designed to blend with Orbx’s TrueEarth GB South. Whilst the latter may not be free, the combination of the two helps create a seamless blend between the two.
The aerodrome is available for free here, but with half a year of work invested, do consider donating to NKDesign too!
Features of NKDesign’s London Elstree:
- High res volumetric grass/vegetation
- Every object, texture has been custom made - no libraries required
- Tons of individually placed objects, all with pre-rendered ambient occlusion
- Stunning application of PBR throughout
- Designed to blend seamlessly with Orbx TE South (and Ortho)
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.