Mega Thread: Orbx TrueEarth US Washington Previews
Over the past few days, there have been many screenshots of Orbx’s upcoming True Earth US Washington shown on the Orbx forums, demonstrating areas including Seattle and Tacoma. The package will cover a massive 91,875 square miles, it will include over 1,000 landmarks and accurately placed VFR landmarks like wind farms and lighthouses. This is only a selection of the images posted, and you can find them all here on the Orbx forum.
Some key features of the package are:
- New PBR autogen technology developed especially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly; Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments
- A sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh.
Note, these are only the key features, you can find all the features in the article linked below.
TrueEarth US Washington will be available mid-June from OrbxDirect for AUD $69.95 (approx. USD $49.70/ €44.25 / £38.20), and an optional HD pack will be available to purchase for an additional AUD$14.95. This pack includes:
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel's Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures
You can find our original formal debut post on True Earth US Washington here.